What made you quit/take a break from mo?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Edit: maybe they are working on something super secret.
There is a fine line between working on something super secret, and it being a secret whether you are working on something, or not.

SV should be careful not to erase this line.

1 - There's content & mechanics from years & years ago that still are very unpolished and broken/imbalanced to this day, with new content & mechanics implemented on top of them, which end up becoming the aforementioned. Creates this frustrating continuous cycle.

2 - Sieges are the most boring and at times, most frustrating experience in any MMO game I've played. A bit of tedium is fine, due to the stakes at place...but spending hours and hours fighting AI guards & pets with horrible pathing, homing missile ranged attacks and can see through everything is an unacceptable experience. Siege mechanics and tools available are pretty limited and clunky too.

3 - Player built towns(TC) have sucked the life out of the world. Barely anyone can be found in the world, player interaction is minimal, and the whole risk vs reward aspect is a fragment of what it used to be. No more town militias, no more town economies, no more warring guilds and politics over towns, no more people venturing out & a bout for differing items they need. Not to mention walling off content, coupled with point #2, on top of unreachable assets.

4 - Gear balance is horrible, back in the day metal armors and weapons gave an advantage but weren't exactly a requirement. Now with new armor and weapon additions(and breeding), the balance has gone south and if you don't have X Armor, Y weapon and Z mount/Pet, you're at a noticeable disadvantage. On top of combat mechanic changes, coupled with horrible gear balance, pets.. it just benefits the numbers game.

5 - Breeding + bred mounts are just poopie; Too many pro's and very little cons. Affects PvP negatively as well as makes world spawns useless, unless you're some random noob just starting out, who doesn't know any better.

6 - Pets and player owned guards...if your AI has horrible pathing, has heat seeking ranged attacks, hits through walls and requires a single button push to just wreak havok..then it's probably not a good idea to have them. AI should not hold so much leverage when it comes to PvP either, players should be the main factor..it's PvP.

7 - The tedium, MO has a lot of issues when it comes to time sinks, repetitive tasks that revolve around using macro's and alt tabbing.(Note: there were some nice changes though, with stacking extracting etc I'll give them that)

8 - Tindrem sounds good on paper, but in practice it's just a concentration of aids, creating this cesspool of a town new players start in, with almost everything they need to maintain themselves in while getting slapped around by bored veterans. It was better when people spawned where ever and found their own path. (Hopefully some aspect of how it was in old, comes back with "noob island")

9 - Time between patches is far too long, communication is hit or miss, multiple security issues...not good.

10 - MO's PvE aspect is repetitive, buggy and at times mind numbing. If the AI was better and we had more meaningful events tied to the lore(like the old days), things wouldn't be so annoying.

I can list tonnes more things, but it's already been repeated 100s of times over the years by many players. SV has had moments where some patches are really good, but then goes back to poopie. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I really hope SV nail MO 2. It's pretty much their last chance to make a great concept into a great game. Learn from the fails of Mortal Online, hire more developers, try to polish and balance things properly, before adding more things to the list.

Mainly the incompetence of Star Vault. It is very obvious that the game is made with no sense of game design.
Just look at the map, level design in atrocious, tons of empty wastelands with nothing on them.
Then comes the mechanics that instead of complementing each other, compete with each other, also there are things designed just to waste players time a.k.a extraction times, where you just dont play the game for 30 minutes.
Tons of gamebreaking bugs that ruin your experience.
Balance of certain playstyles

I honestly get angry at myself each time I think about mortal, It's such an amazing concept and if I didn't love these kinds of hardcore games, I wouldn't even think about downloading it.

1) game bugs. ESPECIALLY pvp bugs. Just too many of them.
2) prediction/high ping. this increases pvp bugs frustration ten folds. there is nothing i can do about where i live, so basically i'm playing handicapped MO all the time. (MAKE SEPARATE NA AND EU SERVERS FOR MO2!)
3) how SV handles cheaters and exploiters. i've played this game since 2010 so i know the shit some people have done, and gotten away with. even with video proof SV doesn't care. at most they get a few months ban. then they are back. GG.

This thread has degenerated into a reunion of people that haven't played Mortal Online in years and years giving their opinion on outdated information for a game they have not played longer than they did play, all you need now to make it complete is the crazy cat lady to show up with her clock and do her rendition of The pot calling the kettle black:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm just going to jump in and say that pets are aids, BUT they were at least nerfed which is good. I find a lot of the times with this game the problem is the core design of something which makes it broken or at least not fun to play against regardless of it if gets nerfed or not. Getting nerfed helps but when its a bad design like a pet with hundreds of health, mitigation, high regen, ranged attacks, no stam bar, etc. It can be gross even after nerfs because at the core its just so op.

My other beefs are TC and mounted. TC people just sit in safety and farm 24/7 so you cant actually find anyone (when there was players)

and mounted. Which to me is in the same boat with pets. I dont care if it gets nerfed when the design is stupid. "But EQ, hills, bull nerfs, bla bla" means nothing to me when they can still hit me for 100 head with some stupid mounted weapon. Its just not fun getting 2 shot, never has been never will. Doesnt matter to me if I can poissibly EQ and we splat the guy for loads of loot. Id rather he cant splat me and I cant splat him with some gross mounted counter. And if mounteds couldnt just fly around 500 on their prepatch garbage. Mounts should cap at 400 and be way less grindy as the tradeoff.

But at the end of the day I'd prob deal with all this crap if there was at least a player base. But I think there would be more of a player base if the thigs I cant stand got fixed because I'm definitely not the only one who doesnt enjoy these things. The difference is most of them quit long before me.

Teknique

This has nothing to do with butts and egos...

My reply was exactly about that we've been taking the feedback seriously, and made changes that makes a two year old video not representive of those mechanics today.
So it's pretty clear that you attack anything I write, even if it's about the exact things you want us to fix, or talk about.

If you are angry with me or the rest of SV for some reason, feel free to PM us, and if you want to write something on the forums, please
do it with some constructive feedback.

Thank you.
Unrelated
but I really think everything comes down to sieging.

We can both acknowledge the Aralis patch , the one with pet pathing changes on TC, restructuring of how guilds react when sieged, buff to guards, buff to resistances, removal of deed drops, was a massive change to the game.

I really think as someone who is responsible for balance you should be revisiting those changes as they were made more or less overnight and its set the tone for the game for years.

MolagAmur

This thread has degenerated into a reunion of people that haven't played Mortal Online in years and years giving their opinion on outdated information for a game they have not played longer than they did play, all you need now to make it complete is the crazy cat lady to show up with her clock and do her rendition of The pot calling the kettle black:rolleyes:
Its literally fuckin called "what made you quit take a break from mo". You bout stupid boy...

kranick

sub is the best problem, and leak of events and support, ofc hacking is a problem too, not much patches etc etc, idk why devs not put game f2play and go to make mortal 2 lol, game is actually empty.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
In my current, once, and future guild, I've got sole possession of the last shred of interest left in Mortal Online.

(Whether they could drag me back with them is an open but moot question.)

[Redacted.]

This has nothing to do with butts and egos...

My reply was exactly about that we've been taking the feedback seriously, and made changes that makes a two year old video not representive of those mechanics today.
So it's pretty clear that you attack anything I write, even if it's about the exact things you want us to fix, or talk about.

If you are angry with me or the rest of SV for some reason, feel free to PM us, and if you want to write something on the forums, please
do it with some constructive feedback.

Thank you.
I'm trying to PM you but not answers =/

MolagAmur

I'm just going to jump in and say that pets are aids, BUT they were at least nerfed which is good. I find a lot of the times with this game the problem is the core design of something which makes it broken or at least not fun to play against regardless of it if gets nerfed or not. Getting nerfed helps but when its a bad design like a pet with hundreds of health, mitigation, high regen, ranged attacks, no stam bar, etc. It can be gross even after nerfs because at the core its just so op.

My other beefs are TC and mounted. TC people just sit in safety and farm 24/7 so you cant actually find anyone (when there was players)

and mounted. Which to me is in the same boat with pets. I dont care if it gets nerfed when the design is stupid. "But EQ, hills, bull nerfs, bla bla" means nothing to me when they can still hit me for 100 head with some stupid mounted weapon. Its just not fun getting 2 shot, never has been never will. Doesnt matter to me if I can poissibly EQ and we splat the guy for loads of loot. Id rather he cant splat me and I cant splat him with some gross mounted counter. And if mounteds couldnt just fly around 500 on their prepatch garbage. Mounts should cap at 400 and be way less grindy as the tradeoff.

But at the end of the day I'd prob deal with all this crap if there was at least a player base. But I think there would be more of a player base if the thigs I cant stand got fixed because I'm definitely not the only one who doesnt enjoy these things. The difference is most of them quit long before me.
You hit the nail on the head. If only Herius and Henrik could see this. As you said, no amount of nerfing is going to solve the issue if its just simply bad design. You'd think after a decade the company could understand this.

I cant recall a single time Star Vault has been like "Yeah so this sounded good on paper, but once added in the game it just couldn't work so we removed it completely". If they could do that with a few things...their game just may be a good one today.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I cant recall a single time Star Vault has been like "Yeah so this sounded good on paper, but once added in the game it just couldn't work so we removed it completely"
All I can think of is the more complex set of face and skin customisations that were once possible-- and that doesn't quite count as a complete removal.

Fizzdar

This forum is quite inactive now so just thought of making a random post.

What thing/things made you quit mortal/Take a break during the years that you have played?

Be more specific than just ''Not enough people'' (Which is true but yeah..)

(Might already be a post like this but couldnt find one on the new forum.)
The 0 updates

Makalis

Cuprum Supporter
low pop, roaming mounted for hours and only finding naked people.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
1.Data breach
2. CEO/GM listening and catering to much to what the community wants (Players who want to be invincible) and setting themselves up to be taken advantage while chipping away at the core balance of the game.
3. lack of Lore content combine with discovery adventures aspect concept in an open world.
4. Misleading advertisement with a bait switch ( Dragon with no purpose in the game)
5. Hack shield both in game and out!

In the end I had enough!

1. Toxic community.

2. People kept blue blocking me in graveyards and in duels. After they put in the anti-blueblock hotfix, there would be PvPers camping the

proximity of every city.

3. People in less gear and less skill keep killing me.

Valhalo

Trial Member
2. People kept blue blocking me in graveyards and in duels. After they put in the anti-blueblock hotfix, there would be PvPers camping the

proximity of every city.

3. People in less gear and less skill keep killing me.

These two seem a little contradictory.