What made you quit/take a break from mo?

@Philip1300 Ya cut that shit out with the subs renewing after you’ve already MANUALLY cancelled them SV - that’s hit me 5 times already on multiple accounts over the past year ... just happened recently too .

But this sums up why the game died :
1)guards abused by almost infinite tc placement
2) tc too easy , too resourceful
3) AI is broken, goes through walls-ceilings-players-floors and shoots through them as well... ai has no stamina and can chase infinitely , also they don’t swim they just walk through water; making any FUN dungeon a nightmare , let alone the hard dungeons
4) too much laziness (or corruption , not sure what) too many times things were swept under the rug or ignored for months including issues with gms , duper’s , glitchers and cheaters
5) poor pvp balance ignored for too long
6) feature creep ensued instead of fixing base game (adding superfluous tc additions that created more issues and player isolation)
7) necromancy wasn’t as lore abiding as it should have been , and set precedent that all magic coming after it had to be just as powerful or more powerful making magic classes a very hard balancing point
8) too much emphasis on Subbing MULTIPLE accounts to play when your friends inevitably take long breaks due to the above reasons . Add sub tokens bought with in game gold on the next game when you don’t have a duped gold issue please ?

many things,..

1: no proper economy
2: the way resources was handled (why is it so hard to copy swg?)
3: no pve (or limited)
4: to small map for the intended pvp and war system (the continent needs to be way bigger)...

after playing the game for over 2 years, from release i gave up waiting for them to fix it.. it was clear they were to focused on the few pure pvp players, to really fix the core problems in the game. I like pvp, but if a game like MO was to succed you need more sheep than wolfs. There needs to be ways for none pvp players to live in the cities clans were fightning for. In the end it became a gank fest.
if u only played 2 years after release u wouldnt even know about the tc patch, which gave farmers the ability to make a walled guardzone anywhere in the map, and also wall in resources like tephra and world bosses like kimuru to farm them in complete safety. Id say catering to farmers too much is what really killed the game...

if u only played 2 years after release u wouldnt even know about the tc patch, which gave farmers the ability to make a walled guardzone anywhere in the map, and also wall in resources like tephra and world bosses like kimuru to farm them in complete safety. Id say catering to farmers too much is what really killed the game...
Funny enough they catered to FARMERS too much but ignored the ADVENTURERS. So essentially it was either create a broken tc fest and have easy farming , or do it without tc and have broken aggravating farming .

Everyone chose the former and the pvp died , all the while even though they focused on pvp balance a bit they were also adding things that were DESTROYING pvp balance (necro pets / spells) so it was basically like they didn’t balance pvp at all over the past 3 years .

They should have taken each year over the past few and dedicated that specific year to a large general problem . For instance , year one when necro came out could have been the ai / pet balance and fixing year , year 2 could have been tc balance and fixing , year 3 could be solely focused on pvp balance and fixing . This is not a normal development pattern to follow but in MOs case I believe it to be right as there’s so much suffocation on the devs they need a clear plan to alleviate all the muddling done up by years of neglect , feature bloat , and loud minorities .

Mo2 should definitely focus on the basics , fixing issues clearly still present in MO1 , create solid foundations on those now fixed simple systems then quickly move to balancing more complex ones like tc , breeding , pets , necro , etc .

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Funny enough they catered to FARMERS too much but ignored the ADVENTURERS. So essentially it was either create a broken tc fest and have easy farming , or do it without tc and have broken aggravating farming .

Everyone chose the former and the pvp died , all the while even though they focused on pvp balance a bit they were also adding things that were DESTROYING pvp balance (necro pets / spells) so it was basically like they didn’t balance pvp at all over the past 3 years .

They should have taken each year over the past few and dedicated that specific year to a large general problem . For instance , year one when necro came out could have been the ai / pet balance and fixing year , year 2 could have been tc balance and fixing , year 3 could be solely focused on pvp balance and fixing . This is not a normal development pattern to follow but in MOs case I believe it to be right as there’s so much suffocation on the devs they need a clear plan to alleviate all the muddling done up by years of neglect , feature bloat , and loud minorities .

Mo2 should definitely focus on the basics , fixing issues clearly still present in MO1 , create solid foundations on those now fixed simple systems then quickly move to balancing more complex ones like tc , breeding , pets , necro , etc .
The biggest mistake they did was chase out what you can call adventurers as you say. Solo and small scale adventure groups was all over the map especially around farming hotspots and cities until SV decided zergs was the way to go.
When skill got mowed away by gear and numbers being the way to go this game started its slow decline.

Butchery, significance of gear and simply having more bodies with you was the first set of mistakes. TC and all the abominations that came after was simply piling on the fact that you cant play this game alone or in small groups and still be effective.

Most MMO players I know start out either alone or in small groups. In MO this is simply just frustrating and too much trouble to do, especially for players who are more casual in their playstyle. And no matter which group you come up against unless they are totally new and clueless you are gonna get steamrolled and lose everything you have all the time.

Adventurers and an active wild game world is imo one of the most important parts of a game like MO, SV however did not think so and here we see the results. A dead game with a dead game world with almost no players and worst of all a dead political scene that used to be what this game was best at.

really its just population for me
A lot of stuff needs change A LOT!!
but overall lack of the pvp and people in cities

MrB

Silver Supporter
OP overbred mounts, MC in general. Lack of fully working/fun mechanics. Lack of fun PvE content. Walls everywhere. Oh, and EVE. Go Imperium!

MrB

Silver Supporter
Honestly I so fucking miss this game tho. Watching videos from time to time. Old memories. Wipe and maybe roll back a lot of TC and breeding features and I would so play again.
Edit: and SV, dont you dare NOT wipe when/if MO2 comes. No transfer of shit plix

Last edited:

kranick

sub fee and low population derivated for too expensive sub.

I loved this game for so long but what made me take breaks so much was the mediocre at best pve and the unbalanced pve, I love beastmaster kinda characters and summoning and things along those lines, but watching a pen run at the bottom of a lake hitting someone, or glitching through buildings to hit someone is so stupid. On the flip side, having pets just get stuck bc of a node line and i literally cant do anything about it, telling your pet to attack a npc and it runs off in the complete opposite direction so much random BS just hurt to play, all your hard work for hours or weeks could be trivialized in an instant because of a bug, and your just basically told " Cant help you sorry " it is really demoralizing.

I guess I was forced to quit because my two accounts with 4 and 3 characters on them were banned for cheating, ive never cheated but I dont really have a way to prove that to SV. When i tried to get any more information about my ban, it took a guild mate asking a SV employee, and he got more information on my own ban than i did in a day, than I did on MY own ban after trying to contact them for over a week. Apparently sometime between when i started playing which was probably around 5 years, they detected cheating. They didnt ban me or contact me at all when they supposedly detected it, but randomly now, I have no idea when it happened or the circumstances, but they said that the ban system/program is 100% full proof and dosnt make mistakes. I spent years building my characters up just to be randomly banned one day with no chance of appeal.

I quit because I was travelling along the coast in northern sarduuca and me and my party encountered a gate right before we got to a vendor, and it's a linear path, and we're not even able to swim around and open it and grab our stuff and move on.

I quit because I went to some mountain top cave in the freezing cold looking for where I could train some elementalist npc skills or something, and there was a gate there I was told I had to siege (yes, SIEGE) to destroy it and remove it myself since it wasn't "exploiting" anything. It was totally fine for guilds to grief and lock content be it resources, or npc's from a normal player's ability to explore or mine or gather, or what have you.

I quit because everytime I would save up a hundred gold I'd get raided by literal retards with nothing better to do than make the only active non guilded player their next target.

I quit because about 90% of the community is super toxic.

I quit because there's no "karma" system in place that properly exposes negative behavior.

I quit because there's no official world map worth 2 cents of my time to look at, because it doesn't align with what a nice high quality top down LOD scalable map should be.

I quit because there's no support for the solo or small group of new players.

I quit playing because I can't make an oghmium greatsword and go fuck people(read: newb-griefers, and other super hostiles) up with it. (or: go use it to make a lot of money slaying minos or something.)

I quit playing because people exploit and hack and get away with it.

I quit playing because the PvE in the game, while being worthwhile of my attention, was entirely locked behind poor game mechanics like building gates infront of shit, or not being able to protect my things long enough (for the amount of time sink required to obtain endgame materials) that It was entirely unfeasible for me to get or justifiable to try something new out that could help me catch up to the other endgame players and guilds. In effect, the things I needed to do or to gain an edge, were locked away and the key was thrown in the deepest abyss of toxicity I've ever seen in a game.

I did not quit because it was full-loot pvp. I did not quit because I got ganked carrying loads of stuff. I quit because my stuff could be picked up and deleted. *poof* I quit because mortal is a game about wasting your time, wasting other peoples time, and not a game about actual pvp, or honor, or glory, as it may seem to some or newer players.

I quit more or less because the logistics and world design are while, cool in some locations, just terribly laid out, and preventative of a true endgame experience.

Name the last time you saw 100 v100 players with people in full oghmium or best gear in the game, actually using it to siege anything?

Most of the time pvp happens naked.. and shameless ganking.

I quit when the pvpers I encountered wouldn't even hold me up, look at my inventory, and then decide my fate, stopped doing so, and would just murder me to waste my time pure and simple, or would grab and delete my things just to grief, with no purpose.

*Killing people carrying 10,000 granite rock should leave 10,000 granite rock in a pile, and if they pick it up, they should have to carry it somewhere to unload it, not just delete stuff and then roam the entire area i died in for hours on end. my items should scatter out in the world, and never disappear even when they break, they should only be able to be vendored to be gotten rid of. Vendors should sell things recently sold to them. weapons and armor should be able to be dismantled, and repaired at special stations, and npcs. Gold should have a limit on how much you can drop at a time, like say, if you're in a guild, you can drop up to 10 gold on death, within an hour, and when not guilded, you should only drop upto 1 gold within an hour on death(to prevent camping, and it should apply to all deaths, not a unique death to X player, but anyone after that should know you're not worth any money because you died recently already). and when you're a subscriber, you should be able to drop all your gold on death(but only once within an hour period, so it's similar to the new rule I proposed above). You guys like bullshit mechanics right? (why not punish people for having higher skill caps than f2p.)

*Building gates to grief linear paths, caves, npcs, and towers and walls that block off ANY resource, should not be permissable gameplay on a fundamental level. These should be perm-ban offenses for repeat offenders, and gm's should destroy the static structures in question.

I think the game should go f2p fully and if SV wanna profit they can open a cash shop for pay 2 win kids so they can buy lots of high end gear.
No problem with that, they gonna lose it anyways.

Finnley

I quit because of
Overspecialization and over complication of game mechanics
Bad PvP balance and long reaction time even with extremely broken content
Security and cheat protection issues, reaction time on reporting a player is like 4 months. Making a new account with a combat viable character takes a day, so go figure.