What would bring you back to MO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can name me Bicorps not jesus. You should also spend your time by working on Mortal and fix all the thing we ask since several years, you know the people who pay 15$/month 180$/year. FIx nodline Specially in front tindrem, Fix collision dsync register, nerf mounted,fix all the place that u can get stuck,NPC pass and attack true walls/ground, guard mechanic, splitting stack in arena, broker lag, you cant even sub and play the same day.

and btw your investor is probably really disapointed. So all the worker who work on Kittend and Mortal Royale have NEVER work on Mortal Online before? I doubt it.
Being an asswipe isnt a good way to get what you want. You may want to find another method.

Not the same team but ok?
We are small as..real small things do take time.
I think a problem is that even if it is actually 2 different teams people see you and herius on the MR forums, not other devs. So it makes it look like you guys are MR mains now lol. Which is pretty disappointing to dedicated MO vets who really want this game to start growing and dont see a lot coming in the near future.

And even if you are doing both games it still makes sense cuz like I think new island is mostly the artist anyway. And MR could be good for MO. But maybe if people knew what was coming and heard of some progress for stuff it would make them happier while waiting. Like knowing the island is almost done or something.

Bicorps

Trial Member
Being an asswipe isnt a good way to get what you want. You may want to find another method.
ok sorry that was... rude lets be a bit more positive.

Its very hard to make a MMORPG. Its probably the hardest kind of game to develop , even more if its a hardcore type. You guys have did great thing, a lot of thing is Well coded and some not. Some new content is amazing and give great experience and some is breaking content and is just not fun but ITS FINE it just need polishing.

Mortal Online need polishing. You guys need to work on things that is already implement in the game and just Polish everything... Even if its painting Rock.... well if you become the best at Painting rock that fucking great my dude ... you have a carreer behind you. Imagine Mortal Online with great painting/texture ... a bunch of company gonna hire you just to paint fucking rock .

The Quantity of content is not that important if the QUALITY is there. I understand it can be boring... Working always on the same stuff and you just want to work on something else, like I feel you .... but I dont think its how developing a video game work. Its simply not how you get success in most industry.

But see the positive in that. You guys have did so much work and implement so much things that you dont have to rethink about it(excepted balance)... You just need to Polish and make perfection.

People would not be there complaining about the game and the development processing if they didn't like the game. They just dont like the way its going.

Maybe its just you guys are tired to work on the game after 10-12 years. Normally Video game company doesn't keep the same team that long but if you guys have still motivation, man polish/balance your content its gonna be great.

@Sebastian Persson #Motivation #ImSorry? #KeepUp #Polishing

Mortal Online is a great game. Even people who stop play your video game YEARS ago keep talking about it. Specially about History that player made. We made the history on Mortal Online , it was actually Amazing and have great souvenir about it. I just wanted to say
Thank You for that To all StarVault team.

DRAG0N

Trial Member
Not the same team but ok?
We are small as..real small things do take time.
You guys should have really add me to the team... when we still have a chance to make 3d ultima online like game exist... You seam to forget how UO was made... and how important was magic... I know that this team originally had no likes for powerful wizards... but you also forgot all the way long the ASSASSINS and poison and paralyze skills... and all the important things you could have added to UO main idea like more mounts mechanics... basically the mammoth that black desert immediately added when I suggested... it was funny when I posted it here and black desert added it, I truly believe main stream media pushed black desert because of the independent projects like MO adding skill base system and taking away grinding mechanics they like to indoctrinate kids to work hard for less money like Chinese. My door is still open. The only reason why I have not make my own MMORPG yet is because I am developing the first computer language which will required to program only to know English, this project is basically going to turn the world upside down into a new era, and I am doing it and I don't care to say it even when the simple idea is worth a billion dolars because the sooner it is done the sooner we will be able to have a way to make the most creative minds focused in programing and internet will cease to be another main stream media to become the first world wide massive media of communication since the sheer amount and quality of software that will become available will make corporate initiative pale in all levels giving birth to the true world wide knowledge sharing Pandora open box none will be able to close. Recently I have become aware other people, better and more robust teams, working in similar projects though main stream media is opposing this for the obvious reason: MONEY AND POWER.

Last edited:
Thread starter #65
Mortal has survived
You guys should have really add me to the team... when we still have a chance to make 3d ultima online like game exist... You seam to forget how UO was made... and how important was magic... I know that this team originally had no likes for powerful wizards... but you also forgot all the way long the ASSASSINS and poison and paralyze skills... and all the important things you could have added to UO main idea like more mounts mechanics... basically the mammoth that black desert immediately added when I suggested... it was funny when I posted it here and black desert added it, I truly believe main stream media pushed black desert because of the independent projects like MO adding skill base system and taking away grinding mechanics they like to indoctrinate kids to work hard for less money like Chinese. My door is still open.
This is a thread about what would bring old players back to MO. Are you saying you would come back if they hire you as a dev?

DRAG0N

Trial Member
Mortal has survived

This is a thread about what would bring old players back to MO. Are you saying you would come back if they hire you as a dev?
Among other reasons, yes. I also mentioned the importance of camouflage skill or and infra-vision or and posses creature or and a spell that acts exactly like a good bow and arrow but with the blue bar and for wizards. I also mentioned MORTAL ONLINE needs to add an effect for far people to blend more with the environment instead of turning black and be noticed as a group of black pixels moving... The distant black man effect of all games is a terrible mistake that makes ambushes very difficult in comparison with the real world... I also mentioned it would be good to have a skill to simply put dirt over yourself to look more like the dirt of the area or go down and lay on the floor and cover yourself with plants and dirt of around you to be able to hunt and ambush or avoid both npcs and PCs.

I am also saying that if I would be added to this projects team even as a exterior free lance paid programmer/designer MANY PEOPLE WOULD COME BACK.

And I am also saying that if they don't next year there will be a cry-engine based MORTAL ONLINE with other name which will be were everybody here goes.

Last edited:
Would come back if the game was F2P. Actually F2P so we could use our skills to their full potential. Not being able to have housing/other whatevers, stable limit, less bank space, that kind of stuff would be a better way IMO to get people to sub. Full access to the game could bring people in.

I wouldn't call current MO f2p, but free to trial.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I wouldn't call current MO f2p, but free to trial.
Everyone including Star Vault would agree, except for Steam. Steam insists on categorising Mortal Online as free to play, on a misleading technicality. WRYGD?*

* "What'Re Ya Gonna Do?"

Better f2p would go a long way. They either need to make it so f2p can get skills to 100 but are limited to like 800. Or, make it so not maxed skills are much less bad. So that skills are more like def and agg stance and arnt really required to 100 and are just a benefit. So that a f2p butcher still got like 70% of butcherables and stuff. But right now f2p is horrible, anything crafting related is worthless. And fighters are still heavily gimped because of how a few of the skills like swords and stuff work, lowering your damage by a significant margin (not having agg stance is only a couple damage per hit, but 60 swords ruins your damage, etc).

Everyone including Star Vault would agree, except for Steam. Steam insists on categorising Mortal Online as free to play, on a misleading technicality. WRYGD?*

* "What'Re Ya Gonna Do?"
I bet SV knew this would happen and thought the extra publicity as a f2p game was worth it, but it backfired and now the game is bashed as pay 2 win.
Better f2p would go a long way. They either need to make it so f2p can get skills to 100 but are limited to like 800. Or, make it so not maxed skills are much less bad. So that skills are more like def and agg stance and arnt really required to 100 and are just a benefit. So that a f2p butcher still got like 70% of butcherables and stuff. But right now f2p is horrible, anything crafting related is worthless. And fighters are still heavily gimped because of how a few of the skills like swords and stuff work, lowering your damage by a significant margin (not having agg stance is only a couple damage per hit, but 60 swords ruins your damage, etc).
Idk if crafting stuff should be f2p but definetly ease up the skills for a f2p warrior so they can at least run like a p2p.

Last edited:
Talos

Talos

So that is NOT what happened at all.
Money for making kitten'd was collect from stock-holders. People invested money so that we could make more games. So we did.

Jesus like..I..I know this is the Internet but if people could simply cool it just a bit with the whole " I'll just talk about stuff I know nothing about " I could spend more time responding to interesting discussions.
Have you looked at your history ? Especially the recent one, during which all my accounts got lost, seemingly forever ? Are you seriously still surprised about getting smack every once in a while ?
Jesus like ....

Keurk

You guys should have really add me to the team... when we still have a chance to make 3d ultima online like game exist... You seam to forget how UO was made... and how important was magic... I know that this team originally had no likes for powerful wizards... but you also forgot all the way long the ASSASSINS and poison and paralyze skills... and all the important things you could have added to UO main idea like more mounts mechanics... basically the mammoth that black desert immediately added when I suggested... it was funny when I posted it here and black desert added it, I truly believe main stream media pushed black desert because of the independent projects like MO adding skill base system and taking away grinding mechanics they like to indoctrinate kids to work hard for less money like Chinese. My door is still open. The only reason why I have not make my own MMORPG yet is because I am developing the first computer language which will required to program only to know English, this project is basically going to turn the world upside down into a new era, and I am doing it and I don't care to say it even when the simple idea is worth a billion dolars because the sooner it is done the sooner we will be able to have a way to make the most creative minds focused in programing and internet will cease to be another main stream media to become the first world wide massive media of communication since the sheer amount and quality of software that will become available will make corporate initiative pale in all levels giving birth to the true world wide knowledge sharing Pandora open box none will be able to close. Recently I have become aware other people, better and more robust teams, working in similar projects though main stream media is opposing this for the obvious reason: MONEY AND POWER.
this is Pearl Abyss. https://mmoculture.com/2017/09/pearl-abyss-financial-details-of-black-desert-developer-revealed/ The studio behind Black desert online. Try comparing things that are comparable when you compare game devs companies, cause right now you are just losing credibility and seems to mix up a lot of things. You are too much of a genius for us to understand how revolutionary your ideas are.

Speznat

this is Pearl Abyss. https://mmoculture.com/2017/09/pearl-abyss-financial-details-of-black-desert-developer-revealed/ The studio behind Black desert online. Try comparing things that are comparable when you compare game devs companies, cause right now you are just losing credibility and seems to mix up a lot of things. You are too much of a genius for us to understand how revolutionary your ideas are.
actually Black Desert is excellent developed.

Very Very Good Graphics even for me the 4k Ultra settings Fetish guy, if it drops unter 50FPS at any game than its time for a new graphics card or another one for SLI, EVEN I love the Black desert graphics on ultra, it could be little better but still best graphics for an mmo and that was the reason why i tried it, nothing else.

than i saw the hackn'slay system and i loved it.

These Developer are Real Proffesionals they care about looks wich is really important noone like an ugly fat women if a pretty skinny girl standing beside.

I guess What mortal have to do is:

Polish
Balance
Graphics

and if they done all that than people will come. in massive amounts.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I guess What mortal have to do is:

Polish
Balance
Graphics

and if they done all that than people will come. in massive amounts.
Nothing new being said, or proposed, here. One might even say it's all been tried; I know that some time in 2010 someone whose name escapes me years later was already saying "MO *is* balanced, and polished". (Apparently, it wasn't.)

What's a 'massive amount', in this context? Just curious.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Have you looked at your history ? Especially the recent one, during which all my accounts got lost, seemingly forever ? Are you seriously still surprised about getting smack every once in a while ?
Jesus like ....
Im not but I am surprised when people just..Guess then post?
I think there's a difference there

MolagAmur

A graphic update is needed...but I dont see it happening anytime soon.

There's a weapon update thingy being worked on but it's not closed to finished.
I assume you are talking about a engine switch?
The weapon thingy is nice and all, but IMO the game needs more of an update to the terrain, foliage, mountains, etc. Id say reverting whatever you guys did in the epic patch would be a good start, you guys really downgraded the graphics with that "update".

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
The weapon thingy is nice and all, but IMO the game needs more of an update to the terrain, foliage, mountains, etc. Id say reverting whatever you guys did in the epic patch would be a good start, you guys really downgraded the graphics with that "update".
Oh God..ya that ok ya.
Can't beat nostalgia.

So ok old terrain was insanely expensive, impossible to update,did not generate navmesh nor proper collision on the server.
It poped out and in when it loded and had no solution for mining or foliage.
But it did look good in places since it was..expensive.

I hated everything about it, ue4 has a similar system to 3.5 but terrain has never been this engines strongsuit.
Also speedtree just..it's just bettet like I'm sorry but what you remember from back then is rose-tinted.

Insert video or screenshot of how good it looked here:

Oh God..ya that ok ya.
Can't beat nostalgia.

So ok old terrain was insanely expensive, impossible to update,did not generate navmesh nor proper collision on the server.
It poped out and in when it loded and had no solution for mining or foliage.
But it did look good in places since it was..expensive.

I hated everything about it, ue4 has a similar system to 3.5 but terrain has never been this engines strongsuit.
Also speedtree just..it's just bettet like I'm sorry but what you remember from back then is rose-tinted.

Insert video or screenshot of how good it looked here:
Things graphically I think would go a long way is: more texture variety on mobs, fix the descrepencies with mixing armor types, update the lictor sets, and update a lot of the foilage and land textures. There are also many seems in the world, stretched textures, and generally a lot of the world textures have changed and theres a lot of mismatch between certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.