Which is the majority religion in Tindrem.

What god do you worship?

• Erebus, the lord or chaos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seth, the good of blood.

• Mirthrak, lord of free folk and freedom knight

• Pontus and Talassa, the sea rulers.

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

What should be the official god of Myrland.

What is your god and why?

Teknique

The only true gods. The Bridge Gods

Thread starter #3
i lisen about Gridge Gods. ¿who they are? ¿where i can find info about? jaja
No one knows much about them actually it's an open Field , but feel free to fill that part eh ;).

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Overlooking this poll, I am struck by the fact that possibly many more people have participated in the Raffle of (the god) Caerus, year after year than have performed any other sort of rite or worship, even including leaving things (including heads) on bridges.

I suppose most folks have forgotten that he's a minor god, no matter how many raffle bags they've picked up.

So, why isn't he on here by name?

Sounds as if you know more than you are telling. Just for starters.
"You can say nothing is known about him, but you might not have asked the right people. :)"
-- http://archive.fo/76liG#selection-1539.535-1540.1
Well it's not Confirmed if the bridge God's is a one God or or more who share the same influence, there had been a talk among the Folks that it isn't just one God, and basically all we know about him is he-they like head's to be sacrificed to there/he name, we basically know very little about it "except it's worshipping starting Record's and other minor informations" .
And by your words which I add to my thread:
"The master of the Crossroads:
God of the travelers, tradesmen, and wanderers , Crossroads can be identified with the Bridge God , who has had various forms of worship for as long as bridges have been 'openable' so that Mortals could leave stuff inside . This is the only god in any aspect of the game to whom any rite can consistently be performed , e.g., by leaving Him something in the bridges you cross or pass . The currently most avid and thuggish devotees of this deity are RPK (the guild) and their cohorts, who feed him heads of their enemies and victims (though they are not alone in this) "

So basically Nothing is known about him " his identity, origin, how he looks or how did he come to Existence.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
"The master of the Crossroads:
God of the travelers, tradesmen, and wanderers , Crossroads can be identified with the Bridge God , who has had various forms of worship for as long as bridges have been 'openable' so that Mortals could leave stuff inside . This is the only god in any aspect of the game to whom any rite can consistently be performed , e.g., by leaving Him something in the bridges you cross or pass . The currently most avid and thuggish devotees of this deity are RPK (the guild) and their cohorts, who feed him heads of their enemies and victims (though they are not alone in this) "
This is not a direct quote of what I said about the Master of the Crossroads-- you have added the bit about "travelers, tradesmen, and wanderers".

This is a direct quote:
The Master of the Crossroads can be identified with the Bridge God, who has had various forms of worship for as long as bridges have been 'openable' so that players could leave stuff inside. This is the only god in any aspect of the game to whom any rite can consistently be performed, e.g., by leaving Him something in the bridges you cross or pass. The currently most avid and thuggish devotees of this deity are RPK (the guild) and their cohorts, who feed him heads of their enemies and victims (though they are not alone in this). You can say nothing is known about him, but you might not have asked the right people.
... and making a direct quote instead of a paraphrase with your own words added is so easy that you'd have to take pains to do differently.

Hm. Let's note that and wonder why you do that at some later time. I did, in fact, mention "guarding both the Way and the Traveler" elsewhere:

"My maidservant, Seana Adisdottir, explained to me that one of the good lesser gods of her original home in the hinterlands is "Master of the Crossroads", and responsible for guarding both the Way and the Traveler. He is very fond of offerings, even the most humble ones, being left at transition points such as bridges.​

 It is customary to leave Him one of every thing one has hunted or gathered either before or immediately after crossing. He is also fond of strong sweet drinks, candy, pungent leaves, food that would otherwise be wasted (which He is glad to share with the hungry, who may always take from His stores), and of the heads of men, she says.​
 Of course, the heads of evil men are by right the only ones with which I wish to see a bridge festooned, but of such there is no shortage which would suggest otherwise. I think that for the discerning or guilty traveler to see the heads of unwisdom displayed thus could be instructive both morally and practically: it says, "Be Good or KEEP OUT". "
-- Najwalaylah in
_Bakti Head Cook_
Jun 26, 2012
See also:
https://www.starvault.se/mortalforu...coming-back-beware.110054/page-3#post-1903427

and

for me god is love and light and it feels warm and fuzzy when i think of it ~giggles
For me, too, of course, but if you leave a man's head stuck on a bridge support for a few sunny days, it feels warm and gets "fuzzy", also.
I should add for the record that no cannibalism took place in my household, nor as far as I know in the Kingdom of Wessex where we lived at the time; we simply gave the heads of the unwisely aggressive (who visited my Archbishop's people often) up to the practice of festooning the bridges with them, with or without the belief that the Bridge God was fed thereby. I personally preferred even in my tender youth to leave flowers, fruit, greens, or minerals (for instance, bor) for the good luck of a safe crossing; my housecarline mentioned above often left a supply of wood; our cook would prepare heads of fallen enemies for the soldiers of the garrison to distribute as a warning.

Only The Bridge Gods are represented in Nave, all the others are just fluff written on the forums, more destruction has been wrought in the name of The Bridge Gods then any other group combined.

No one even pays lip servers to the others, while homage is paid to The Bridge Gods on a daily basis.

- The Bridge Gods are Legion and they are One -

Thread starter #12
Only The Bridge Gods are represented in Nave, all the others are just fluff written on the forums, more destruction has been wrought in the name of The Bridge Gods then any other group combined.

No one even pays lip servers to the others, while homage is paid to The Bridge Gods on a daily basis.

- The Bridge Gods are Legion and they are One -

Other guys said same about other gods. In ES days they follow seth cult and destroy and kill in seth name. But the point is, is destroy in name one god reason considerer the real god?
In name of Soldeus, i donate thounsands of gold for myrland poor commoner for exemple. It not is destruction but was true act inspired in god too. I try asked about what are bridge gods and where incan leart more about, but not find reference. Why use "bridge name"?

Last edited:
Other guys said same about other gods. In ES days they follow seth cult and destroy and kill in seth name. But the point is, is destroy in name one god reason considerer the real god?
In name of Soldeus, i donate thounsands of gold for myrland poor commoner for exemple. It not is destruction but was true act inspired in god too. I try asked about what are bridge gods and where incan leart more about, but not find reference. Why use "bridge name"
The Bridge Gods pre date ES

And The Bridge Gods are still represented in Nave to this day... no one remembers Seth

grendel

In name of Soldeus, i donate thounsands of gold for myrland poor commoner for exemple. It not is destruction but was true act inspired in god too. I try asked about what are bridge gods and where incan leart more about, but not find reference. Why use "bridge name"
Completely out of character: it is my humble view that a MO god, is a god that is either existing cause the SV GM's pan according to its unreveiled lore, or a player imagined god that players actually worship with actions ingame. be that the action of lipservice or other more physical action. I also hold that the number of players involved in the worship of player imagined gods are important.

Now, if you want to know who the most popular god is, go to the bridges and witness the popularity of these sanguine gods. The amount of physical action and the number of players(both voluntary and not) involved in this worship is staggering. Nothing compares.
This religion has spread far beyond its original RPK! followers, today people from all of Myrland worship the Bridge Gods and even more people witness them.

Thread starter #15
The Bridge Gods pre date ES

And The Bridge Gods are still represented in Nave to this day... no one remembers Seth
Interesting i not know Bridge Gods was before Seth.

Remember seth? Mmm well still some ES former warrior continue play and all they remember Seth.

I was follower Seth too, but I change my religión when Soldeus god find me.

But Seth was good god too xd. Funny times in ES, my god.

Thread starter #16
Completely out of character: it is my humble view that a MO god, is a god that is either existing cause the SV GM's pan according to its unreveiled lore, or a player imagined god that players actually worship with actions ingame. be that the action of lipservice or other more physical action. I also hold that the number of players involved in the worship of player imagined gods are important.

Now, if you want to know who the most popular god is, go to the bridges and witness the popularity of these sanguine gods. The amount of physical action and the number of players(both voluntary and not) involved in this worship is staggering. Nothing compares.
This religion has spread far beyond its original RPK! followers, today people from all of Myrland worship the Bridge Gods and even more people witness them.
Interesting. I like more Soldeous, honesty. I find much answer and insipiration in Soldeus way. But sound great.

Thread starter #18

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
The Bridges have it. For good or ill, most devotees of those cults do not vote in your polls nor comment on them. The great thing about that is that nothing needs to happen because of it, nor be declared about it.

What should be the official god of Myrland.
Myrland's too large and various a place for any (so-called) government to declare an "official*" god aside from perhaps the Tindremic Empire**. Only they have enough hubris to do it, along with the apparent lack of any way to enforce it. You can be an offering or be robbed of a donation to a god against your will, but no-one can make you believe or worship it.

What is your god and why?
Soldeus makes this rockin' world go 'round; religious belief is not a popularity contest (though someone could legitimately roleplay it that way).

----
* Diph* the Desperate made me permanently allergic to the (officious) over-application of the word "official".
** Last week, on Mortal Online Forums: we still couldn't decide if there is an Emperor or what he is or who he is or who should take that place or how and what he should do when he takes power. Consensus eludes us! Stay tuned.