Why are we still being charged money to play this game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Theodosius

It’s been said 100x before, but the game needs to go F2P. I have a hard time justifying this games sub and character slot model to anyone.
With the most recent Haven patch, and it being almost a week since it released with no fix to the fledgling flagging loophole, or existing accounts trying the island, I think it’s clear that SV doesn’t care about MO anymore, and have moved their focus to MO2 (this is more than likely their last update). MO is being treated more of an MO2 testing ground (which is fine).
So if continued update and support for the game is at its end, why are we still being charged a (industry high) 15$/month?

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
It’s been said 100x before, but the game needs to go F2P. I have a hard time justifying this games sub and character slot model to anyone.
With the most recent Haven patch, and it being almost a week since it released with no fix to the fledgling flagging loophole, or existing accounts trying the island, I think it’s clear that SV doesn’t care about MO anymore, and have moved their focus to MO2 (this is more than likely their last update). MO is being treated more of an MO2 testing ground (which is fine).
So if continued update and support for the game is at its end, why are we still being charged a (industry high) 15$/month?
If only that was true and we would finally gain much needed balance changes which would automatically impact MO2 after seeing the success on MO.

Dalacor

The question is why restrict free to play players in Haven to 60 skills. Surely you want them to have the full experience on a small scale so that they are willing to sub to the whole game later when bored of Haven? Also the design of Haven is terrible, need more priests and also need to enable port to local priest for fledglings. Lots of new players in Haven losing everything and being very unhappy, not good for retention.

Thread starter #7

Theodosius

The question is why restrict free to play players in Haven to 60 skills. Surely you want them to have the full experience on a small scale so that they are willing to sub to the whole game later when bored of Haven? Also the design of Haven is terrible, need more priests and also need to enable port to local priest for fledglings. Lots of new players in Haven losing everything and being very unhappy, not good for retention.
I didn’t even think of this. It’d be smart if you were unlimited in skill on haven to give players a real taste of the game. Albeit, I doubt many new players are committed to seeing the entire tutorial through.

Dalacor

I didn’t even think of this. It’d be smart if you were unlimited in skill on haven to give players a real taste of the game. Albeit, I doubt many new players are committed to seeing the entire tutorial through.
Also they should charge for each slot and allow multi slots in Haven, people will then have a fighter and a crafter for example and then when bored of haven they certainly wont be moving to the main game on free to play! Good way to elicit money from players imo.

Thread starter #10
There hasnt been a patch for one week and you declare the game abandoned?
No it might have to do with them saying Haven is the last patch. I swear you'd let Henrik shit in a bowl and you'd say thanks for the breakfast.

Teknique

From what I remember, Henrik said they will continue to work on MO1 while they work on MO2, as the latter will basically be MO1 but in UE4 which also means it will enable them to do more on top of what is already possible in the former. The original source is likely buried deep in the announcements section somewhere in one of the long paragraphs from Henrik, but if you look for it you will probably see it.

MolagAmur

From what I remember, Henrik said they will continue to work on MO1 while they work on MO2, as the latter will basically be MO1 but in UE4 which also means it will enable them to do more on top of what is already possible in the former. The original source is likely buried deep in the announcements section somewhere in one of the long paragraphs from Henrik, but if you look for it you will probably see it.
Henrik says a lot of things...

Thread starter #15
Henrik also says that the account bug with Haven is unintentional, where Seb is telling people it is intended on steam forums (allegedly). So it’s hard to decipher what is actually true

Tehmudjin

Henrik also says that the account bug with Haven is unintentional, where Seb is telling people it is intended on steam forums (allegedly). So it’s hard to decipher what is actually true
Why write speculations? Go to steam forums and see if its there and then show a screenshot. Youre just throwing random conspiracy theories.

Thread starter #17
Why write speculations? Go to steam forums and see if its there and then show a screenshot. Youre just throwing random conspiracy theories.
Its been well over a week now since Haven release. Here is what we know:

- You can only make a character on Haven if its your first character
- Herius says only the first character on account having access is a bug
- Sebastion on steam forums seems to claim the opposite of this
- Many veterans deleted a slot and subbed to prepare for Haven

We have had no quick fix or official statement. The excitement and momentum around Haven (for Veterans at least) is fizzling out. Its really frustrating to see such potential go to waste yet again due to a coding bug, incompetence or just lack of unity in Starvault.

So what is going on? Is it intended or when will it be fixed?

Sincerely,
A re-subbed Veteran
Does your mom still have to spoon feed you everything?

Bla bla bla, better games are one time buy. Paying sub for Mortal is like charity and as charity should be optional.

Does your mom still have to spoon feed you everything?
With MO you just pretend the last patch doesn't exist until an average of 6 months after release, that is what it takes most of the time to repair the broken shtuff.

Sv still care about mo . Mortal online 2 for me is logical and we need it . All we have to do its continue to be active and helping new players because we player are the reason of this game to exist . Mortal online have huge potential we need to beleive

Status
Not open for further replies.