Why is SV so silent ?

Teknique

community: I wonder why sv releases content too buggy and too early

Also community: Its been 31 days since i've been updated, how are you not pre alpha yet

Teknique

Last edited:
I am just looking to be informed.

There was a time when Henrik said the newb island would be out after Christmas. Sure technically it is after Christmas but why could he have not said after the new year or even after the second quarter of next year? Or at least updated us on the time frame once it passed.

We got some pics of Newb island but the graphics are some of the first things they said they was working on while seb was working on something else code wise.

Last edited:

There was a time when Henrik said the newb island would be out after Christmas. Sure technically it is after Christmas but why could he have not said after the new year or even after the second quarter of next year? Or at least updated us on the time frame once it passed.

We got some pics of Newb island but the graphics are some of the first things they said they was working on while seb was working on something else code wise.
He meant after Christmas 2022

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Hey everyone!
We are very much alive, and working hard and focusing, which is mostly the reason we've been so quite.
And we understand that its frustrating for all of you to not hear anything about it!
But I for one will try and be more active here, and post more of the big and small stuff I've been working on, here for example, you have some quick screenshots on how the bushes on noob island have gotten a small face lift!

IMG_20190406_164630.jpg

IMG_20190406_164955.jpg

Dalacor

I know you remember Awakening releases "Soon tm" I think it was like a year late or more and drove everyone mad. TBH best to not put a date on things until sure....

Hey everyone!
We are very much alive, and working hard and focusing, which is mostly the reason we've been so quite.
And we understand that its frustrating for all of you to not hear anything about it!
But I for one will try and be more active here, and post more of the big and small stuff I've been working on, here for example, you have some quick screenshots on how the bushes on noob island have gotten a small face lift!

View attachment 12552

View attachment 12553
Thats a nice bush right there herius.

oykd

I have always disagreed in all the death threads and said it is when they go silent that I will start to worry.
game was great once before i started playing or sub i watch all your videos now its like facebook i jump in to see whats new 30 people playing =[

Eldarwen

Hand of the Emperor
But what i really care about in that picture is the Grass and dirt that looks really awsome

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
It might be a case of if they say anything they will get more criticism, and if they stay quiet they will still get criticism. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Maybe they’ve decided to pick the lesser of the two evils.
That's a useful way of looking at things, but
  • I don't need to post criticism to feel it; and
  • While I realise that not all situations are improved by more communication, I generally have this silly (girlish? Okay, I own that) feeling that "friends should talk over their problems". Not talking-- at all-- for so long-- is so unfriendly that it reminds us that Star Vault and we are not exactly friends, the way we might've thought. We are just customers, the majority of whom have more or less stopped buying.
    • Reminding people that's all they are to a company is not useful practice.
      • Especially when we see what looks like lack of long-term loyalty from supplier (SV) to some lifetime subscribers (I need not describe the dreary details of what seems 'why' certain donors are not still playing Mortal Online, enjoying themselves) and stockholders. There's a limit to what support should buy you, but it shouldn't mean the early end of the honeymoon, nor the short and shitty end of the stick.
  • There was a time when there was much more Mortal Online communication straight from the desk of the :bestdev: @Sebastian Persson to @here or to (yuck, I know) Twitter (not just to Discord), stuff that players and fans were quick to spread and discuss, despite how much -or- how little he got accomplished in that time. I don't think people like the contrast.

These^^ are the ways they are 'damned if they don't'.

Even a short statement like "since last time, I found X <number of> ways that ____ won't work" would go a long way toward some kind of soothed feelings.

But it's more than just the amount of criticism they get when there's no communication: it's the kind. When they do communicate and are <del>damned thereby</del> <ins>critted for it</ins>, people stick up for them; people debate the merits of what they say; posters get distracted by details. As long as there's a dialogue, participants in the discussion can dream that they're making a difference. When they (the Devs) don't communicate, the criticism tends toward the more dire depths of despair and diagnosis-- if you know what I mean. Better to have people questioning your moves than your motives alone.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Hey everyone!

Now, dear readers, you may see what I was talking about.

In the second screenshot, the details of leaves of bush and grass alike are better-looking, and the colours are more variegated-- these things are nice.

But please consider not making everything yellower. (Yellow and brown and grit are not shortcuts to "hard-core" or "realism".) Let it be spring and not autumn *somewhere*.

Hey everyone!

View attachment 12552

View attachment 12553
Will these graphical improvements carry over to Myrland and Sarducaa?

oykd

Hey everyone!

View attachment 12552

View attachment 12553
wow great progress in like 4 month you guys made a bush :D whats next a tree ? :D