Your Favorite Songs v2.0

I grew up with the idea of total war. My great-grandfather, a cavalry officer of Prussian stock, renounced his loyalty to the Kaiser to be a free man in America. My grandfather was a bomber captain in WWII. His brother took a Hitler youth knife from an officer, a family heirloom. My father was a deep recon ranger in Vietnam. I gave my soul to science, but I grew up with a particular bent:

You think a philosophy, a religion, a politic will free humanity from itself? The struggle is the human condition, it will never change, which side are you on?

Last edited:
Thread starter #44

grendel

You think a philosophy, a religion, a politic will free humanity from itself? The struggle is the human condition, it will never change, which side are you on?
I do not believe that ideology or religion will ever enable humans to create a utopian golden age. Humans are morally flawed from birth. However, religion or ideology do have the power to focus and temper the human struggle in a way that allow us to be better than our flawed nature.

Edit: oh, I already posted this song once. sry. Here is another one:

Last edited:
Thread starter #45

grendel

I found this old gem among my old MO bookmarks. #WaitingforMO2

edit: I cant remember who made this awesome song, but I love it.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
edit: I cant remember who made this awesome song, but I love it.
The name of the band slipped off the tip of my tongue, I guess, and is gone. Hauntingly familiar, though.

Thread starter #48

grendel

inspired by the bankster ibarruris confessions, I leave you with this
edit: cya in MO2

The weight of 2020
Those guys formed within 10 minutes of where i grew up. My guitarist at the time was good friends with their guitarist (both Dan oddly enough). We went to The Sickness release at the Metro (very famous Chicago venue). And afterwards went down Damon to their studio. Old building in a strange neighborhood. Big solid door at the top of 3 flights of wooden stairs. Seemed to open like a vault (but i was probably high so might effect the memory).
The producers were in there describing the recording process of that record and showing us (as rookie producers) all their equipment and programs. ... was surreal looking back at it. I remember being in the back room (huge room). We were getting pics with the band. Fuzz grabbed my ass just as we were snapping the picture.... I'mma have to search for that pic :p. Maybe a friend has it.

I never liked Disturbeds music, LOL... but was a fun experience.

To continue sharing.... Was watching this yesterday ---->

MaDeuce

Trial Member
Those guys formed within 10 minutes of where i grew up. My guitarist at the time was good friends with their guitarist (both Dan oddly enough). We went to The Sickness release at the Metro (very famous Chicago venue). And afterwards went down Damon to their studio. Old building in a strange neighborhood. Big solid door at the top of 3 flights of wooden stairs. Seemed to open like a vault (but i was probably high so might effect the memory).
The producers were in there describing the recording process of that record and showing us (as rookie producers) all their equipment and programs. ... was surreal looking back at it. I remember being in the back room (huge room). We were getting pics with the band. Fuzz grabbed my ass just as we were snapping the picture.... I'mma have to search for that pic :p. Maybe a friend has it.

I never liked Disturbeds music, LOL... but was a fun experience.

To continue sharing.... Was watching this yesterday ---->
Great memory and that video went down pretty smooth thank you for sharing!